Take-Two Interactive's fiscal Q4 2026 earnings call on Thursday afternoon was supposed to be the moment fans finally got a date for Grand Theft Auto VI's third trailer. Instead, chairman and CEO Strauss Zelnick spent 75 minutes telling investors something arguably more important: the November 19, 2026, release date is locked, the marketing campaign starts this summer rather than next month, and the entire FY27 outlook is now built around that single launch holding its slot.
The headline numbers landed clean. Take-Two reported Q4 net revenue of $1.68 billion, comfortably above the high end of management's prior guidance range, and posted a fiscal year that beat consensus on both bookings and EPS. For FY27, the company guided to net bookings of $7.9 billion to $8.1 billion—a number that, if hit, would put Take-Two on pace for the single largest annual bookings figure in the publisher's history. Zelnick was explicit on the call: that guidance assumes Grand Theft Auto VI ships November 19, 2026, full stop.
What Zelnick actually said about Trailer 3
The line every GTA tracker zeroed in on was Zelnick's framing of the marketing rollout. The CEO described the upcoming push as a 'very significant, broad-based marketing campaign' that would 'reflect where audiences and attention are today.' He went out of his way to contrast it with Rockstar's 2013 GTA V campaign, which famously leaned on network television, full-page newspaper buys, and a coordinated billboard wrap of Los Angeles. None of that, he said, is coming back. 'We are not going to be buying a lot of TV time this cycle,' Zelnick told analysts. The plan is digital-first—YouTube, social platforms, a smaller and more targeted TV buy, and real-world activations designed to generate organic share rather than reach a sitting living-room audience.
The Trailer 3 implication is what fans actually wanted. Zelnick confirmed that marketing 'will not begin in the next few weeks,' which effectively rules out the May 26 window that Best Buy leak debunkers had been circling. The pre-orders that opened at retailers on Monday were described as a soft launch, not the start of the campaign proper. The trailer, in other words, has slid from late May into the late-June-to-early-July corridor—close to the Summer Game Fest weekend on June 5, but not on Geoff Keighley's stage, since Rockstar has not done a Keighley showcase since the original 2013 launch.
The financial picture under the hood
Two other numbers from the call deserve to travel with the GTA 6 headline. The first is recurrent consumer spending: Take-Two's recurring revenue line, driven by GTA Online, Red Dead Online, NBA 2K MyTeam, and the Zynga mobile portfolio, was up year-over-year in Q4 and now accounts for 78 percent of total net bookings. That floor is what gives Zelnick the runway to spend on a 'very significant' marketing push without spooking investors—Take-Two can afford to put nine-figure dollars behind GTA 6 because the legacy GTA V economy is still printing money.
The second is the FY27 split. Of the $7.9-to-$8.1 billion bookings range, analysts on the call extracted that GTA 6 alone is modeled to contribute roughly $3 billion in net bookings in its launch fiscal year—a number that implies somewhere between 25 and 30 million units sold by March 31, 2027, against a launch price that Take-Two has still not officially set. The persistent $100 base-price rumor was raised twice on the Q&A and dismissed both times. Zelnick repeated the company's standard 'we price our games to provide value' line and did not commit to a price tag.

What this means for Rockstar's next 26 weeks
The shape of the runway from here is now visible in a way it wasn't 48 hours ago. Marketing starts this summer, which in Rockstar's vocabulary historically means a Newswire post followed by a trailer drop and a synchronized push across YouTube, X, Instagram and TikTok. Pre-orders are already live at Best Buy, GameStop and most European storefronts at $79.99, and Zelnick confirmed pre-order momentum was 'tracking ahead of internal expectations' without giving a unit number. A second trailer drop, a gameplay-focused deep dive, a hands-off press tour at a closed studio event, a third trailer with a release date hammer, and a fourth launch trailer in the final two weeks is the GTA V playbook, compressed into roughly 24 weeks instead of 30.
The wildcard on the call was the 'broad-based' phrasing. Zelnick used it twice and clarified once: it means out-of-home advertising at scale, partnership marketing with non-endemic brands, and what he called 'cultural moments'—the kind of stunt-driven activations that Rockstar has historically been allergic to. If Take-Two follows through, the GTA 6 rollout is going to feel less like a video game launch and more like the marketing operation behind a Marvel Studios tentpole.
The other Take-Two stories that got buried
The Trailer 3 question dominated the call, but a few other lines are worth flagging. The Civilization VII expansion that 2K teased at GDC is still on track for fall 2026. Borderlands 4 is locked for September 12, 2025—already shipped—and Gearbox is in the early planning stage on a 2027 follow-up. Mafia: The Old Country, the 2K Czech prequel, just crossed two million sold worldwide. And in mobile, Zynga's Match Factory! continues to expand its run as the company's fastest-growing mobile title, and Game of Thrones: Legends officially hit profitability in Q4.
None of that, of course, is what the market reacted to. Take-Two stock closed up modestly after-hours, with most of the move flowing through the GTA 6 release-date confirmation. The next domino is whatever Rockstar Newswire posts in the back half of June. Until then, the date everyone is now circling is November 19, 2026—and the next 26 weeks belong to whatever marketing engine Strauss Zelnick just told the Street he's about to switch on.






